A Frozen Mango Daiquiri is a delicious way to celebrate summertime. Make and enjoy these icy, tropical rum drinks from the comfort of your own kitchen with just a blender!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one and buy something, Feast + West receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions are our own. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Frozen Mango Daiquiri recipe
Some of the most quintessential flavors of summer are the tropical ones, like coconut, kiwi, papaya, mango and pineapple. That’s what I love about tiki drinks. The way they transport you to a sunny beach somewhere, even in your mind.
If you’ve been dreaming of faraway places and sandy beaches, these frozen mango daiquiris are the ticket. Daiquiris are the perfect drink for summertime!
To be honest, a traditional daiquiri isn’t the kind that’s made in a slushie machine. They are really a very different drink than their frozen cousins with the same name.
Classic daiquiris are strong. Made with rum, lime juice and simple syrup, they’re served neat, usually in a coupe glass. Those are delicious, and definitely the true meaning of the word daiquiri, but that’s not what we’re dealing with here.
These frozen mango daiquiris are every bit of the slushie machine drinks you’ll find in the French Quarter of New Orleans or at a beachside shack. The most delicious mango flavor that will transport you right to a vacation!
Why you’ll love this recipe
What’s not to love about a cold mango cocktail that is tart and refreshing? This simple recipe is great because:
- You only need five minutes of prep to time to make this delicious frozen cocktail. Then you can spend more time enjoying your party or time by the poolside.
- It only requires four ingredients. No crazy and expensive things required to make a delicious tropical cocktail!
- It is easy to batch make these with a large blender. Just multiply the ingredients to the amount of servings needed, blend it up, and divide it among the glasses.
Tools & glassware
To make this simple recipe, you’ll need a high powered blender, a jigger and measuring cups and spoons. I prefer to serve these drinks in coupe glasses, but any cocktail glasses that you want to use will work.
Depending on the garnish that you plan to use, you may need to have some cocktail picks on hand too.
$49.99 ($8.33 / Count)
$34.99 ($8.75 / Count)
$29.99 ($7.50 / Count)
With just four simple ingredients, you can make the most incredible frozen daiquiri:
- frozen mango chunks
- lime juice freshly-squeezed
- light rum
- ice cube
Best rum for daiquiris
For a frozen daiquiri, you should stick with either silver rum (AKA white rum) or gold rum.
Gold has a bit more body and is slightly stronger, because it’s aged in oak barrels, but it tastes great in fruity cocktails.
I always recommend choosing a rum in your price point. I have a whole guide about what kind of rum to use in drinks, but Bacardi is what I keep on hand at our house.
Substitutions & variations
Some daiquiri recipes also require additional sweeteners, like simple syrup, agave or honey, but I find the mango to be just perfect on its own. However, if you find the drink to be too tart you can add something to sweeten it.
Keep in mind that you can make daiquiris with other fruits, besides mango. Lime is traditional but don’t miss these frozen lemon daiquiris for a twist. Frozen or fresh strawberries make a delicious strawberry daiquiri, and other citrus and tropical fruits are all great choices as well.
You can absolutely use fresh fruit too, but you may need to add some more ice to compensate. Use a spoon to taste it so you can decide!
How To make a Frozen Mango Daiquiri
For a hot summer day, hopefully spent by the pool, you should definitely whip up a batch of this refreshing frozen mango daiquiri recipe. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Place the frozen mango, rum, lime juice and two cups of ice into a high powered blender.
- Then blend it until super smooth, pour into glasses.
- Add a garnish of fresh mango slices — or tropical flowers if you like!
Tips & tricks
Check out these simple tips to make your frozen mango daiquiri exceptional:
- Use fresh squeezed lime juice instead of the bottled stuff. It really does make a difference with the taste and will produce a better final product.
- Make sure all of the ice gets blended up before serving your frozen mango daiquiri. There’s nothing worse than getting a huge chunk of ice in a sip of a cocktail!
- Don’t make these drinks until just before you are ready to serve. The ice will begin to melt, especially on a warm day, and you don’t want your cocktail to get watery!
What to serve with a Frozen Mango Daiquiri
Garnishes for a Mango Daiquiri
Or, you could rim each glass with something like chili lime seasoning for a fun twist on taste! A simple slice of mango and a pretty tropical flower would also be an easy garnish with a nice presentation.
Classic daiquiris are made with rum. However, if you don’t have that on hand you can foloow htis recipe and make a 1:1 swap with vodka or tequila.
A mai tai is made with rum, orange juice, lime juice, orange liqueur and often pineapple juice as well. Whereas a daiquiri is made with rum and lime juice but does not use liqueurs and often has different fruits. Most commonly, they’re made with strawberries or mango.
More frozen cocktail recipes
— Did you make this recipe? —
Please leave a ★★★★★ review or comment below.
Frozen Mango Daiquiris
- 1 ½ cups frozen mango chunks
- 3 tablespoons lime juice freshly-squeezed
- 3 ounces light rum
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Place mango, lime juice, rum and ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Serve immediately and garnish with a cocktail umbrella.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.