Happy Friday, everyone! It’s going to be another hot summer weekend.
I’m loving the Blueberry Rum Smash right now. Blueberries, brown sugar, lemon juice, rum and club soda, maybe even a little fresh mint — all smashed together.
It’s been so hot here in North Carolina lately, and this cool drink does wonders to help beat the heat. What are your favorite summertime cocktails?
Let me know on Twitter. Enjoy your weekend!
- 10 fresh (or frozen) blueberries
- 8 fresh-picked mint leaves, stalks removed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice (approximately 1 tablespoon)
- 2 ounces silver rum
- Club soda or ginger ale
- Place 6 to 8 blueberries and mint in the bottom of a highball glass. Cover with brown sugar and lemon juice. With a muddler or the back of a spoon, muddle together until the skins of the blueberries are broken and the sugar has dissolved.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice, then top with the rum and club soda. Stir before serving, and garnish with the remaining blueberries.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 6gSugar: 44gProtein: 3g