Happy Friday, everyone! It’s going to be another hot summer weekend. I’m loving the Blueberry Rum Smash right now. Blueberries, brown sugar, lemon juice, rum and club soda, maybe even a little fresh mint — all smashed together. It’s been so hot here in North Carolina lately, and this cool drink does wonders to help beat the heat. What are your favorite summertime cocktails? Let me know on Twitter. Enjoy your weekend! // susannah
Click below to see the Blueberry Rum Smash recipe!
BLUEBERRY RUM SMASH
Makes one cocktail
- 8 to 10 fresh (or frozen) blueberries
- 6 to 8 fresh-picked mint leaves, stalks removed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice (approximately 1 tablespoon)
- 2 ounces silver rum
- Club soda or ginger ale
- Place 6 to 8 blueberries and mint in the bottom of a highball glass. Cover with brown sugar and lemon juice. With a muddler or the back of a spoon, muddle together until the skins of the blueberries are broken and the sugar has dissolved.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice, then top with the rum and club soda. Stir before serving, and garnish with extra blueberries.