This Melon Mozzarella Salad with Mint is a dream for picnics, barbecues and any spring or summer gathering.
When you’re packing a picnic, it’s always a good idea to have a variety of sides for your guests.
From snack-like treats such as chips or pretzels to prepared items like make-ahead salads, there are tons of crowd-pleasing options.
Today, Katie and I are sharing two different side options.
She’s sharing her recipe for Quick Pickles over on Twin Stripe, and below you’ll find the recipe for my favorite summertime salad — Melon Mozzarella Salad with Mint.
I’ve been making this flavorful and colorful salad for years, and people always talk about it afterward! Enjoy! // susannah
- 1 ripe cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 medium cucumber, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 8 ounces bocconcini (small fresh-mozzarella balls), or fresh mozzarella cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 2 to 3 thin slices prosciutto, cut or torn into strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup torn mint leaves
- In a large bowl, combine cantaloupe, cucumber, fresh mozzarella, prosciutto and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with mint leaves and serve immediately. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Adapted from Martha Stewart
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 994mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 19g