Made with ciabatta and pesto, these Turkey Pesto Sandwiches are perfect for summer picnics, lunches and barbecues.
When you’re planning a picnic, it’s always nice to have finger foods for people to munch on.
Sandwiches are a great way to serve a lot of people, and they make for easy clean-up.
Today, I am sharing how I dressed up the classic turkey sandwich — Italian style. These Turkey Caprese Sandwiches are perfect for the job.
Pile turkey, mozzarella cheese and tomato on ciabatta bread that we slathered with a little homemade vinaigrette and 3-Ingredient Pesto.
Wrap the sandwiches with parchment paper and twine before packing them.
These puppies are so good! I’m definitely making them again.
- 1 14-ounce ciabatta loaf or 8 ciabatta rolls
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 8 ounces sliced deli turkey
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 2 roma tomatos, sliced
- 40 basil leaves
- In a small bowl, use a fork to whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to make a vinaigrette.
- Cut ciabatta loaf into sandwich-sized pieces. (I cut mine into 2-inch x 4-inch pieces.) Lightly spread the vinaigrette onto one piece of ciabatta bread.
- On the other half of the bread, spread the pesto. Add turkey, cheese and tomato to the sandwich, then top with the top half of the bread.
- Wrap sandwiches with folded strips of parchment and tie with baker's twine, or hold together with toothpicks. If not serving immediately, store in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Wrap the sandwiches in parchment paper and baker's twine or spear them with toothpicks to hold the layers together.
Feel free to leave the meat off the sandwiches for a vegetarian option.
Buffalo mozzarella cheese would also be excellent on this sandwich.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 1069mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 17g