So, I have a bit of celebration coming up next week. (I don’t want to talk about it.) I feel like I know a lot of people born in the month of March, but evidently being born in September is more common — or so says this amazing chart. Anyway, chances are pretty good that you know someone with a birthday, right? And now you have the perfect shot recipe to make in his or her honor. You’re welcome. // susannah
See the recipe for Birthday Cake Shots after the jump…
BIRTHDAY CAKE SHOTS
These shots taste just like good ol’ birthday cake, which makes them the perfect concoction to whip up for a birthday party. Use the leftover cake mix to make cupcakes — they’ll probably turn out just fine even if you’re missing a few teaspoons.
Makes 1 shot (easily multiplied)
- 1 teaspoon dry white cake mix
- 1 ounce cake-flavored vodka (such as Pinnacle)
- 1 ounce whipped cream-flavored vodka (such as Pinnacle)
- 1/2 ounce half-and-half
- Whipped cream (for topping)
- Sprinkles (for topping)
- Pour first four ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously.
- Strain mixture into shot glasses. Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkles. Serve immediately.