This chia seed pudding is a delicious and easy snack, with all the benefits of healthy chia seeds and a little chocolate or vanilla flavor.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one and buy something, Feast + West receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions are our own.
Lent is here, which for many people means giving up something like sweets or alcohol.
Religious or not, I tend to find times like these a good reminder to revisit one’s New Year’s resolutions. We could all eat a little healthier anyway, right?
Today I’m sharing a sweet treat that’s on the lighter side. (I mean, really, what is life without dessert?)
This pudding is a tasty and easy snack, plus you get all the benefits of eating chia seed with a little chocolate or vanilla flavor — your choice.
And yes, chia seeds are the same ones grown in Chia Pets!
You can find chia at most grocery stores these days, and you can also stir them into yogurt parfaits or cereal for a little added crunch. Overnight oats would also be delicious with chia seeds.
Oh, and they’re quite delicious! // susannah
Chia Seed Pudding
Chia seed pudding with your choice of chocolate or vanilla flavor
- 1/2 cup milk (your choice)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (for chocolate pudding)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Sliced fruit, such as mango or strawberries, optional
- Chopped nuts, optional
- Chopped dark chocolate, optional
- In a small bowl, combine milk, vanilla, honey, salt and cinnamon. For a chocolate version, stir in cocoa powder as well.
- Stir in chia seeds and mix well. If desired, transfer mixture to serving glasses or jars.
- Refrigerate pudding for 30 minutes. Stir gently so the mixture doesn't clump. Refrigerate for at least another 30 minutes before serving, but overnight is best.
- Serve with toppings such as fruit, chopped nuts or chocolate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 5gSugar: 22gProtein: 7g
Leave a Reply