Caramel Delite Oatmeal tastes just like your favorite Samoa Girl Scout cookie! Scout’s honor.
It’s Girl Scout Cookie season! Back in the day, I spent a couple awkward years sporting a badge-clad green vest and selling cookies in my neighborhood.
Cookie-selling teaches young girls important lessons like money management, goal-setting and people skills.
I loved being a Girl Scout, and I was so disappointed when my troop disbanded.
Once a year, I’m reminded of those happy days whenever I see cookie stands around town.
It takes all the willpower in the world to walk by these little ladies and not buy all the cookies.
I was glad to find a slightly healthier solution — breakfast oatmeal that tastes like Caramel deLites (sometimes called Samoas, depending on the bakery that delivers to your area).
This Samoa Oatmeal is absolutely delicious for breakfast! It’s going to change your mornings, especially if you’re a cookie lover like me.
I also really love the Thin Mints, Lemonades and Tagalongs.
Everyone has a favorite — what’s yours? Tell me in the comments!
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk, milk or water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granola or muesli
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butterscotch chips
- Combine oats and almond milk, water or milk in a bowl. Cook in the microwave for 1 minute, or to the oatmeal package's instructions. Stir.
- Stir in cinnamon, peanut butter and coconut until well blended, then mix in muesli. Sprinkle cacao nibs and butterscotch chips on top. Let cool before eating.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1170Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 418mgCarbohydrates: 156gFiber: 20gSugar: 73gProtein: 33g