Snow outside and stuck inside? Make a Snow Cream Milkshake from snow ice cream, coffee liqueur, vodka and half-and-half (or your choice of milk or cream) for a frozen treat that’s fit for a fairy tale princess.
Snow started pounding the Carolinas on Wednesday, and by yesterday, it was a winter wonderland outside.
We got about 8 inches of snow over the last couple of days, and it’s been cool to have some extra time to watch the Winter Olympics because we pretty much couldn’t go anywhere.
I don’t really remember watching much of past Winter Games, so most of the events are pretty new to me. I’m totally fascinated by the sheer beauty of these sports. So far, my favorites events are figure skating, luge and skeleton.
For this week’s Friday Night Delight, I paired a White Russian with a little snow cream in honor of the Sochi games.
I made the flags with washi tape and toothpicks, because flag identification is the best part of the Olympics. (Or is that just me?!)
The old wives’ tale says you can’t eat the first snow in case it’s “contaminated.”
Luckily, we’ve already had a light dusting once this season, so it was perfectly safe for me to set out a few bowls to collect some snow with which to make this treat.
You’ll need snow, or crushed ice, as well as coffee liqueur, vodka and half-and-half. You could also have fun with some Homemade Irish Cream or turn it into a Cinnamon White Russian with the addition of some cinnamon simple syrup.
Enjoy! // susannah
- 2 cups fresh snow or shaved ice
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce vodka
- half-and-half (or your preferred milk)
- Before or during a heavy snowstorm, set out a few mixing bowls to collect snowflakes for the cocktail. Place in the freezer until time to make cocktails.
- Spoon snow into highball glasses. Working quickly, pour Kahlua and vodka into glass. (Pour on the edge of the glass, so as not to melt the snow too much.)
- Pour half-and-half into glass until mostly full. Stir swiftly with a bar spoon or iced tea spoon. Add more snow and keep stirring until desired consistency is reached.
- Top with more snow and a flag for garnish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 1g