Mix and match your favorite guac ingredients for the perfect guacamole. It’s the best party snack to enjoy all summer long!
I am a staunch advocate for avocados.
I didn’t like them when I was younger, but now they are something I can’t live without, and I have a feeling they will show up on this blog a lot.
I love whipping up a batch of guacamole when I have guests, or even for myself for a light dinner.
It is an excellent appetizer, party snack or garnish for a burger. No self-respecting Super Bowl party is complete without it.
To me, guacamole is hard to mess up, but one of the worst mistakes you can make is not using ripe avocados. (I’ve been there, I promise.)
The avocados have to be somewhat firm yet squishy, though not rotten, or they won’t mash well.
My advice is to buy your avocados a few days in advance and wait until they get squishy enough.
You can also use the paper bag trick — enclosing an avocado with a banana in a paper bag traps ethylene gas, which helps to ripen it faster.
Don’t fret if you don’t have everything on this list.
I make guacamole a little bit differently every time, depending on what I have on hand. It’s very easy to tailor to picky guests, so be creative! // susannah
Mix and match these ingredients for the perfect guacamole all your guests will love!
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (approximately one lime)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- chips or veggies, for serving
- Cut the avocados into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the avocado chunks in a large bowl. Using a fork or an avocado masher, smash the avocado pieces until you have a chunky green mixture.
- Add in the lime juice and your choice of bell pepper, tomato, onion, cilantro, garlic, salt and crushed black pepper. Stir well.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and lime wedges.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 15gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
Leave a Reply