These Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies are an improvement on the original recipe when you add a little coffee and some dark chocolate, perfect for anyone needing a caffeine fix.
I’m a night owl, which is, by my calculations, the exact opposite of a morning person.
I’m the kind of person who’d rather burn the midnight oil than wake up with the chickens. I can sometimes be hard on myself though, and do both.
And boy, do I pay for it! And so does everyone around me. Let’s just say it’s unpleasant!
To survive, I rely on coffee.
(I know, we covered this the other day, but I just really like coffee. Is that a crime?)
In the event that you need a little crunch with your caffeine, try these Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies.
They’ve quickly become one of my favorite cookies. All you fellow night owls can thank me later.
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso (or coffee) powder
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- With a mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add in flour mixture.
- Using a spatula, gently swirl in the in coffee powder, (it's OK if it's uneven) then stir in the chocolate chips and cacao nibs.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough about 2 inches apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire rack until completely cooled.
Feel free to substitute milk chocolate chips for a lighter cookie, or up the ante on the instant espresso powder for a little more punch. (A couple tablespoons more should do it!)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g