Crustless Three Cheese and Spinach Pie is an easy to make weeknight dinner or brunch recipe.
It’s so nice to be home and back in the kitchen after two weeks in D.C.
Last night I whipped up this easy spinach pie for dinner. My wise cousin Margie told me recently to, “cook with intuition.”
To me, that means that if you feel like a recipe calls for too much or too little of something, don’t be afraid to modify it and make it your own.
I almost never follow a recipe exactly, and that’s how I ended up with my version of Skinnytaste’s Easy Crustless Spinach and Feta Pie. It makes for a great, light dinner.
You could even serve this Crustless Three Cheese and Spinach Pie for weekend brunch if you wanted to!
I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for an easy and healthy-ish dinner recipe. This Crustless Three Cheese and Spinach Pie is the ticket for sure.
This quiche variation is awesome because there’s no crust. No pastry to roll out, no freezer crust to defrost. Easy as pie. Literally.
This crustless savory pie is so easy to throw together, and then you pop it into the oven for a delightful dinner or brunch main dish.
If you and your family don’t eat it all the first night, store it covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and enjoy it all week long.
I hope you fall in love with this recipe the way I have!
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed out OR 12 oz. fresh spinach, chopped and blanched
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion, about half an onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (or Romano, Asiago)
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray a pie dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix onion, spinach, dill, parsley and cheeses and pour into the pie dish. Use a spoon to spread mixture to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Sift the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Add the milk, oil, eggs, salt and pepper and mix well. Pour the mixture into the pie dish.
- Bake pie for 25 minutes or until lightly brown on top and knife comes out clean from the center. Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving. Serve hot or room-temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 417mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g