It’s time to talk cocktails! One of my favorite things from the Bright Blog Bash was this cocktail, the Maple Leaf cocktail, made with coffee, maple syrup, cinnamon, Frangelico and cream. My other favorite thing was the other cocktail we served — the Apple Pie Chai Sparkler.
At the end of this post, Katie and I are giving away an extra swag bag and a $50 Amazon gift card! We loved getting to give away our favorite things and we are so glad to share one with you. See the end of this post for details!
Speaking of sponsors, Frangelico sent us some of their classic hazelnut liqueur for the event, and it was so fun to design a cocktail utilizing it. Frangelico is new to me, but this it is so delightful. Try it in coffee or on its own over ice or with a bit of lime and soda. Definitely a new favorite of mine!
OXO provided us with some really cool ice cube trays that we used in the cocktails. They make trays with large and small trays for varying sizes of ice cubes. We also used OXO’s ice bucket, cocktail shaker and strainer. I feel like OXO is so well known for is baking tools, but I just love their barware! So functional and easy to use.
We served the Maple Leaf Cocktail toward the end of the party, after we’d mingled and munched on the snacks and desserts. It makes a great after-dinner sipper! To make this cocktail, you’ll need to plan ahead and make a maple cinnamon syrup. Then, you’ll add a little of that syrup to a cocktail shaker along with cold brew coffee, half and half and a shot of Frangelico. Then shake and serve over ice with a sprinkle of coffee grounds. Voilà! Click through for the recipe and giveaway! // susannah
Click through for the recipe and giveaway!
Yields 1 cocktail
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together maple syrup and water. Add cinnamon sticks. Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let cool entirely. Store in an airtight container with the cinnamon sticks. Keeps for 2 weeks,
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine simple syrup, Frangelico and coffee. Shake until combined, then strain into a rocks glass filled with ice. Top with half-and-half or milk. Garnish with a sprinkle of coffee grounds.
Now for the giveaway! Here is what we are giving away:
- $50 Amazon giftcard
- Lilly Pulitzer market tote from Swoozie’s
- KIND Bars
- Petal Pack, Pinrose
- Face Scrub and Body Wash, St. Ives
- Buffalo Check Cosmetic Case, Vera Bradley
- Hello Lashes Kit, It Cosmetics
- Signature Pens, Poppin
- NC BBQ Map, EDIA Maps
- Tea Sampler Kit, Goldsmith Teas
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times, up to 22 additional entries by following the giveaway sponsors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the info as prompted.)
- No purchase is necessary to win. Bonus entry requirements will be verified if selected as the winner, otherwise an alternate winner will be chosen. All opinions written are purely my own.
- The giveaway is open until Thursday, Dec. 31, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. EST. One winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $125. Open to U.S. and Canada residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of Dec. 18, 2015.