No-Bake Avalanche Cookies are a quick and easy holiday cookie you can make in a pinch. With just five ingredients, these Christmas cookies will be ready in a snap!
Christmas cookies are ubiquitous, but the holidays always sneak up on me somehow. I’m always so busy, and you never do know when you’re going to be asked to bring dessert to a party. It’s always a good idea to have some great cookie recipes in your back pocket.
When Erin from The Speckled Palate invited me to participate in Christmas Cookie Week (which is now — and there are tons of great recipes being shared all week long), I wasn’t sure I’d have any time to bake.
But then I remembered these Avalanche Cookies require just five ingredients and not one second of baking. Win!
These No-Bake Avalanche Cookies are a melts-in-your-mouth recipe that you can whip up in absolutely no time at all. You’ll need white chocolate chips, peanut butter, crispy rice cereal, baby marshmallows and a pinch of salt. I’m willing to bet you have at least two, maybe even three, of those things in your pantry right now!
Seriously, that’s all you need to make these gooey yet crunchy treats. Well that, and about 20 minutes. They’ll need time to set up, but you can pop your cookie sheet (affiliate link!) in the fridge for half an hour and they’ll be ready to go. Done. Christmas managed.
And before you ask, I’m not sure where they get their name. I assume because of their pale color and their semblance to snowballs? It doesn’t really matter though. They’re delicious and that is all you need to know.
Oh, and they’re gluten-free. You should know that too.
Don’t forget to stop by The Speckled Palate to check out a ton of amazing cookie recipes you can make for the holidays. Because the holidays are all about spreading the love and sharing some baked goods. And because everybody loves a good cookie recipe. And who doesn’t love finding awesome new blogs to follow? // susannah
P.S. If you like simple no-bake cookies but prefer chocolate, you might give these No-Bake Nutella Oatmeal Cookies or these No-Bake S’mores Cookies a try. They’re so, so good. And you can make them gluten-free, too!
Click below for the No-Bake Avalanche Cookies recipe!
Yields 3 dozen
A quick, gooey, gluten-free cookie recipe for the holidays
30 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cereal, marshmallows and salt. Set aside.
- In a glass, heat-safe bowl, melt in the microwave white chocolate chips for 20 seconds on 50% heat. Stir. Repeat until white chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Be careful not to overheat. Stir in the peanut butter until well-combined.
- Pour white chocolate mixture over the cereal and marshmallows. Stir until the white chocolate completely coats the cereal mixture. If it's runny, add more cereal and marshmallows, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the baking sheet. Allow to cool and harden, about an hour. For faster set-up time, place baking sheet in the fridge for half an hour.