Last week, I was totally slack (or just busy?) and I didn’t post a cocktail recipe. I’ve been feeling pretty bad about it, so today I’m sharing not one, but two drink recipes to make up for it. There, I feel better already!
The first recipe is the Tequila Breeze, a simple tequila cocktail with grapefruit juice, lime juice and a dash of club soda. It’s a refreshing, fruity drink that’d be perfect for a spring evening on the porch or brunch alfresco. If you’re not feeling the grapefruit juice, the Tequila Breeze’s first cousins are the Bay Breeze (vodka, cranberry juice and pineapple juice) and the Sea Breeze (vodka, cranberry juice and grapefruit juice). Be sure to check back for another Friday Night Delight later today! // susannah
Click below to see the recipe for the Tequila Breeze!
- 1 1/2 ounces gold tequila
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces grapefruit juice*
- Splash of club soda
- Lime wedge or pineapple wedge, optional
- Fill a highball glass with ice. Top with tequila and lime juice.
- Pour in grapefruit juice, filling it almost to the top of the glass. Stir gently.
- Add a splash (a small amount) of club soda to the top. Optional: garnish with a lime wedge or pineapple wedge.
*Note: I used a fruit medley juice with grapefruit. Purists should opt for plain, pink or red grapefruit juice!