There seems to be a lot of random but well-intentioned holidays these days, celebrating everything from caps lock (Oct. 22) and wienerschnitzel (Sept. 9) to bagpipes (July 27) and pet adoption (April 11). Tomorrow happens to be National Margarita Day, which is a weird holiday I can definitely get behind. In celebration, and for today’s Friday Night Delight recipe, I’m whipping up a pitcher for a friend’s birthday get-together tonight. Have an awesome weekend! // susannah
Click below to see the recipe…
Enjoy this drink on the rocks or, for a frozen treat, toss margarita mixture and ice into a blender and serve chilled.
- 3/4 cup silver tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from 4 to 6 limes)
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec or Cointreau
- splash of simple syrup or agave nectar (optional)
- kosher salt or sugar (optional)
- 1 lime, sliced
- In a medium pitcher, combine the tequila, lime juice, Triple Sec, simple syrup and 1/2 cup water.
- If desired, rub a wedge around the outer rim of four glasses and roll in salt or sugar. Add ice to the prepared glasses. Pour in margarita mixture and serve, garnished with lime slices.