Here are 80 oatmeal toppings to make your breakfasts more flavorful. Plus, enter to win a giveaway of make-ahead, premixed overnight oats from Pantry Doctor!
Breakfast is always a struggle for me. Unless it’s Saturday or Sunday, you can bet I won’t be up making pancakes, bacon and eggs for myself. I’m just not a morning person. (Will I ever be? I wonder this a lot.)
I will settle for something light, quick and easy first thing in the morning, whether that’s microwave oatmeal, a colorful smoothie or a bowl of yogurt, fruit and granola. Lately, I’ve been all about these Overnight Oats from Pantry Doctor.
My food blogger friend Wendie is the mastermind behind these genius, pre-mixed oat cups. She sent me two sets of her cute jars of oats this summer, and I’ve become obsessed.
Each jar comes packed with oats, seeds, spices and other mix-ins. All you do is add your choice of milk, sweetener and whatever toppings you desire, then let the jar sit until morning. Then, shake it up, top with a few of of the oatmeal toppings I suggest below, and EAT! They’ll keep for four days, which makes breakfast less of a chore since you can make it ahead.
And, they’re healthy! Wendie is a registered dietitian, so you know they’re good for you. Pantry Doctor has seven flavors of Overnight Oats, which all start with a base of rolled oats:
- Beautie — walnuts, cacao nibs, chia seeds, hemp seeds, acai powder
- Brainee — almonds, dried blueberries, cacao nibs, cinnamon
- Energee — goji berries, cacao nibs, chia seeds, coconut, maca, spirulina
- Immunitee — bee pollen, peanut butter powder, turmeric, camu camu, ginger, cinnamon
- stress-less — dried cherries, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs
- Vitalitee —goji berries, pumpkin seeds, cacao powder, green tea matcha powder
- Black Label Performance Blend — chocolate, peanut butter, espresso flavor with whey protein — my favorite of them all!
I thought it would be fun to talk about all the ways you can customize the Pantry Doctor Overnight Oats! I rounded up more than 80 oatmeal toppings and mix-ins for your morning breakfast. At the end, you can enter to win one of two 4-packs of oats! Good luck! // susannah
Get 15% off any of the oats with the code feastwest15 at Pantry Doctor through Oct. 31, 2016.